Job Vacancy Extension
El Wedad Society for Community Rehabilitation is a non-profit organization. It was established in March 2001 to provide developmental, educational and psychosocial services for the local community in the Gaza Strip.
El Wedad seeks to provide qualitative services for its main target groups of children, women, youth and older people.
WSCR seeks the services of full-time Fundraising Officer to accomplish the following:
Position Title: Fundraising and reporting Officer (Full time)
Period: 12 months with Possibility of Extension
Starting date: As soon as possible
Scope of Work
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the External Relations and Fundraising Coordinator, the fundraising and reporting officer main function is to raise funds for WSCR by developing and implementing an effective and ethical fundraising strategy for WSCR in line with the organization’s vision.
- Writing and presenting proposals.
- Working towards raising funds for WSCR activities (applying, following-up and receiving funds)
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization and
- Suggest other -innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Participate and assist in the identification of needs and areas of support for organizations interventions in line with its vision and mandate.
- Provide inputs to improve and develop communications material for the organization including reporting.
- Prepare and manage the writing of concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
- Ability to develop project budget.
- Organize and provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization.
- Prepare annual plans for fundraising and follow-up the implementation of the plan; in line with the fundraising strategy of WSCR.
- Project proposal/grant applications for specific sources of funding milestones to be developed as part of planning.
- Donor database (updated from time to time)
- Fundraising plans (preferably annual) developed.
- Fund raising events (as per annual plans)
- Reports; progress, final and annual.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A. degree in management, or any related fields. Master’s degree would be highly evaluated.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of strategic development and fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Demonstrated success in preparing proposals and grant applications that have been approved for funding.
- Sound knowledge of the current funding and business environment.
- Familiarity with sources of funding for projects related to WSCR works.
- Knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors, including Logical Framework Analysis.
- The ideal candidate would be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach and have excellent communication skills.
- Very strong knowledge of English and highly developed oral and written communications skills and ability to persuasively present and -defend controversial issues/positions.
Note: Qualified candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV’s with a cover letter and Job Application, no later than 15:00 PM, Tuesday 28 November 2017, to
Find Job Application sample from:
The selected candidate undergoes a 3-month probation; after which, he/she will sign a contract annually renewed unless one of or the two parties terminates the contract.